For parents worried about not detecting the symptoms of coronavirus disease (Covid-19) in their children at early stages, there are a set of guidelines. Symptoms in children are often mild, and go undetected, which results in more severe cough, fever, or breathlessness, in some cases.
Majority of children with covid infection may be asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic. The common symptoms include- fever, cough, breathlessness/ shortness of breath, fatigue, myalgia, sore throat, diarrhoea, loss of smell, loss of taste etc.
There are instances of new born/children with gastrointestinal symptoms and atypical symptoms. A new syndrome (called multi-system inflammatory syndrome) has been observed in children and characterised by fever, abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhoea, rash, cardiovascular and neurological problems.
The best way to protect children is to continue to follow COVID-19 appropriate behaviours:
- Teach them to always maintain a physical distance
- Make them stay home as much as possible, unless going for medical treatment or urgent supplies.
- Wear masks when outside, and make sure the face mask is covering your nose.
- Children above two years of age must wear a mask.
- Make them practice washing hands with soap/ sanitizer, making sure the whole surface of the hands is covered.
- Get vaccinated – everyone above 18 years of age is eligible.
- Avoid attending public functions, avoid social gatherings, and avoid group play
- Discuss, demonstrate, and reiterate the importance of COVID-19 Appropriate Behaviour (CAB)
SYNE supports the worldwide war against COVID and helps through fundraising for social funding projects. SYNE’s secure payment network provide worldwide reach and transparency making it an ideal partner for non-profits.